Treceți la conținutul principal

Introduction 2.0

I had a mental breakdown at nineteen. 

The most intriguing fact for me was that nobody seemed to understand what was going on. Hell, not even I was understanding. This will tell you the level of stress these so called "millennials" are exposed to. Millennials (also known as Generation Y), wikipedia tells us, "are the demographic cohort following Generation X. (...) 
Most researchers and commentators use birth years ranging from 
the early 1980s to the early 2000s." 

We are living under constant social and political pressure and economical instability, so no wonder we are a mess. And yes, I know that the generations before us had it worse but that doesn't mean we are not under a lot of continuous stress. The context is not the same, the issues are not the same so I think the level of comparison shouldn't even exist. 

When my mother was my age, she for starters, had already a job, a house, a husband and a kid on the way. She didn't have all things figured out but she still had to do it because that's what everybody was doing at the time. She had another kind of pressure to face. When you have those examples from the past and then you look around and see whats going on how do you know which is the right way to go? 

I spent nineteen years in my home, with my parents. I spent 20% of my life under constant protection and indication of what is good and bad with no prospect of what is going to happen once I grow up.

Imagine waking up one day receiving blows from every direction and this bundle of information just falls on you and you are not prepared on how to handle it and you do not have anybody tell you that this is good and this is bad. So you just stop.

-------------------------------

And I didn't know how to handle it. Instead I choose to believe that I was sleeping that much because I liked sleep a lot, I didn't want to go outside the dorm room because I was just too lazy to dress up, I didn't have energy because I wasn't eating properly. I was eating crappy food because I was too lazy to cook, I didn't want to interact with people just because I was because slightly anti-social. I started drinking because of the social surroundings.

To sum it up. I was lying to myself and I realized it only after I got over some of it and mainly, only today, after almost 5 months did I read by mistake an article about mental breakdowns and realized how much of an idiot I was. Constantly lying to myself and telling myself "You are fine, you are just tired, today you'll get out of the house"

Until then, the people I was living with at the time were just thinking that I am a messy, good for nothing person. And nobody saw anything wrong with the whole situation considering that they knew me before this started. They knew me when I was this active, go-lucky, active person and saw nothing wrong with the fact that I wouldn't get out of the house. I don't blame them. We were strangers.

Still, as a piece of advice when you see someone who was a person full of energy and all of a sudden she/he turns to have such a hard time living just stop from what you are doing and ask "Do you want to talk about things? What's going on?" And don't believe them when they say "Hehe, I am ok. Don't worry!" Just keep a close eye on them because it really sucks when you are far from home and you have nobody near you...

--------------------------

You see me everyday.
I am usually that girl who sits by herself in class or that girl who doesn't know how to open or continue a conversation and always (but always) is going to be an awkward silence while speaking with somebody mainly becauseshe does something or says something so outrageously silly that you just give up on the conversation and wait to get away from her.



Yeah, I am that girl. It kinda sucks, doesn't it?

I bet you know at least one girl just like that.



And let me tell you some things about myself. I dress funky because I really like thrift shops and there I can find a lot of clothes or shoes that I find gre at to wear. Because of that I kinda stand out in a crowd.



I find it really hard to get out of bed in the morning because  I like to sleep more than the usual amount. After I wake up I am just a zombie until I wake up. I dress up and run to college. At college I just choose to sit somewhere in the back with my headphone on and doing my homework because I am too lazy to do it at home.  I am studying two different specializations. I am currently studying arts - graphic design and economics. I am involved in a international organization and a student organization at the moment. At the same time I try to have some time for myself just so that I don't go crazy.



 I used to think I am smart but I am not that smart. I don't think so anymore. I am afraid of public speaking and I don't know how to express myself. I get panicked easily and that's why I am starting to speak at an alarming rate, getting off the subject most of the time. I am not the most organized person ( an interviewer said that I was neither organized in my thoughts nor my things) so yeah

I should get some order in my life. Is pretty chaotic right now.

I like to take walks by myself because it empowers me and gives me confidence. I don't consider myself  attractive because I don't know how to act sexy or how to act at all interesting or interested. I don't know how these kinds of things work so I just don't get involved most of the times.





So, hi!




Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

This is for the crazy ones, for the desperate, for the shielded, for those who are afraid, for those in need of help...

"You have three walls of protection and one of sarcasm around you. Sometimes you should cut the bullshit!" - the things you said to me in mid autumn craze.    You never realize how shielded you are until someone points it out to you. Points out how crazy you are in fact and how much you are in need for someone to save you I told you that I don't know how I got like this. I told you that sometimes I try to say somethings but they will always get stuck at the bottom of my neck. I told you all these stuff and I believed some of them . Until the point you told me that I am full of bullshit. And I believed that this couldn't possible be true because even though I lie to those around me I would never lie to myself. I would never lie about my happiness and I would never lie to myself about my sadness..  Little did I know that most of all I lied to myself. Because in the process of making the people around me believe my fake feelings I fooled myself included up until the...

Oare mâţele viseaza?

A venit toamna ! Îmi amintesc cu drag clasele primare când făceam compuneri de copil mic care întotdeauna începeau cu "A venit ..." Orice ar fi fost întotdeauna venea cineva... Acum e târziu ! Mă uit pe geam şi mă gândesc ! Mă gândesc cum trece timpul şi eu nici măcar nu vad schimbările pe care le produce în viaţa mea ! Nu le vad dar le simt! Mâţa sta pe scaun şi doarme ! Ei poate ca nu-i pasa de trecerea timpului ! Se spune ca animalele trăiesc fiecare clipa ca şi cum ar fi ultima ! De ce nu pot şi oamenii să fac asta !! Oh! ...Acu toarce ! Oare visează? Oare ce visează? Întotdeauna m-am întrebat asta când mă uitat la o pisica cum doarme ... mă gândeam întotdeauna la ce se gândeşte atunci când toarce , atunci când se uita la tine cu ochii ei mari . Oare visează ca sărută un şoricel şi ca se va transforma într-o pisica prinţ sau prinţesă? Oare visează ca este urmărită de un şoarece mutant care vrea să o mănânce Oare visează ca poate zbura şi poate să prindă orice vrabie ...

Libertatea!

Dragul meu.. Revin la " Dragul meu..". Nu te pot alunga încă din sufletul meu , încă mai am nevoie de tine . Am nevoie de tine pentru a mă cunoaște în totalitate. Sunt îngrădită ca o pasăre într-o colivie.O pasăre sălbatică care a fost prinsă și pusă într-o cușca de fier departe de liberul cerului , departe de iubirea după care rîvnește . Mă simt uscată , mă simt singura și mă simt falsă .Simt ca zîmbetele , fericirea pe care o arăt în fiecare zi sunt minciuni , simt ca persoana care am devenit nu mă reprezintă.. De ce?...   Urăsc să fiu falsă , urăsc falsitatea și totuşi simt cum aproximativ toată lumea e falsă , inclusiv TU . Te-am acceptat fals , te-am acceptat asa cu erai tu .Nu erai perfect , nu aveam nevoie de perfecţiune. Aveam nevoie de ceva ce putea să mă schimbe . M-ai schimbat , dar nu în persoana după care rîvneam . Mă pierd în gînduri mult prea des , visez tot timpul si oboseala mă lasă fără grai . Oboseala provocata de tristețe , de tot ceea ce este în s...